Jenna is the super successful entrepreneur behind the Instagram handle @Jenluvspabs and her online consignment store @Buyfromjenna. With over 7,900 followers between both accounts, it’s no surprise that this powerhouse woman has found her niche in the consignment business. Read on to get to know Jenna as well as we do!
- How did you start in the consignment business?
Well, I used to own a pretty successful blog, and when it began to take off people started asking me if I would be interested in selling my clothes. You know, stuff I didn’t use anymore and that didn’t fit my style any longer. Once I did, some of my followers began wanting me to sell their items through my blog, and that’s how it all started.
- Where does your knowledge of designer items come from?
Probably from a mix between owning so much stuff and then all the research I do when looking at the items I’m consigning. Ebay is obviously the first place I look at, but after that it’s like I said, a combination of everything I’ve picked up when shopping for myself and all the other information I get from looking stuff online.
- What is your favourite part about being a consignor?
The money [laughs]. No, to be honest it’s nice to be able to give someone else the chance to own designer stuff. I know a lot of people unfortunately don’t have the means to be able to afford high end items, and I know how much I’ve loved being able to own stuff like that, so it makes me happy to be able to give someone else the chance to go through that excitement.
- Are you planning on opening a boutique in the near future, or just maintain your online shop?
I think probably just maintaining an online shop. It’s enough work as it is right now, I don’t know how you do it!
- What is the best item someone has ever consigned with you?
Oh, that’s a great question! Well, I’ve had a few Hermes products come in, which was amazing, but it’s hard to find buyers for them because of the price point. I had someone who wanted to consign a Kelly, and I’ve had a Birkin or two come in as well.
- Can you give us some tips on what type of items move more in the consignment world?
I would say Chanel, it goes so fast! I can pretty much sell a Chanel bag within 24hs. Louboutin shoes move pretty quickly too, and Louis Vuitton is another one that flies off the shelfs in no time.
- What is a brand people tend to gravitate towards, and why do you think that is?
Chanel, for sure. Because it’s an investment piece basically, they only increase in value so it’s easier for people to justify the purchase.
- Do you have any future plans for your consignment shop?
I wouldn’t mind maybe partnering up with someone. And I’m working towards revamping the whole brand look, starting from my Instagram. It’s a lot of work, but I think it’ll be worth it in the end.
- If you could travel to one place you haven't been to yet, where would it be and why?
I would love to go to Paris! Mainly to hit up Chanel, Hermes, all those amazing stores, obviously [laughs].
- Are you planning on supplying other consignment stores with your product? If so, which one do you have your sight on?
Well you, of course. I mean, I’ve actually consigned with you before so I know how good you are. So to answer your question; yes and with Beccasbags.